Having crooked or stained teeth can make people less happy and self-conscious about their smiles and appearance. A smile makeover can improve the appearance of a smile and make patients feel better about their teeth.
What is a smile makeover?
A smile makeover combines both cosmetic dentistry and restorative dental procedures to improve the smile and teeth appearance. The procedure of smile makeover can be done through one or more cosmetic dentistry procedures, such as:
- Dental veneers
- Composite restorations
Our office will develop the right treatment for a successful smile makeover. We create plans that are carefully chosen to help achieve your desired appearance.
Composite vs. Porcelain Veneers
- Composite veneers are restorations added and bonded on your front teeth to improve your smile’s appearance.
- Composite restorations require minimal prep work on your natural teeth.
- These restorations may be done in a single visit.
- Porcelain veneers are a custom-made ultra-thin shell of tooth-colored porcelain that is bonded to the front of the teeth changing their color, shape, size, or length.
- The veneers process usually takes a week or longer since a lab is involved.
- One of the main advantages of porcelain veneers over composite is durability. It also has the ability to mask darker stains and gives a more natural appearance.
Which material to choose?
Both materials are made to improve your smile and appearance. To choose the right material, it’s better to visit our office so we can discuss together the options according to your personal preference, budget, and your esthetic goals.
If you have any questions or would like to schedule an appointment, please call us at 440.354.0705 or request an appointment online.
Patrick J Soria, DDS